Which floor levelling compound to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to level my concreted floor before I put down solid oak flooring but I'm not sure which leveling compound to use despite looking at a few postings on the site.
We have underfloor heating and I've been advised that the bond between the fiber reinforced concrete and the compound is likely to fail with some of the water based compounds. Can anyone recomend which type to use. The floor is 8x4m and we intend to lay 18mm solid oak using the correct glue once the floor is level. The dips in the floor are probably only 5mm deep (max)

Sponsored Links
post this in the floors, stairs and lofts section and i'm sure mattysupra will give you good advice.

Sponsored Links
as long as you heat and cool the floor properly and dont just turn it off or on you can use water or acrylic based compound. I would go with acrylic or fibre reinforced compound to be more on the safe side tho as most people dont run under floor heating correctly. You will also cause problems for your floor fitted on top if you dont maintain temperature correct. Personally i think under floor heating should be banned. Solve loads of problems :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back