Floor levelling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a concrete floor which was a bit high and uneven (20mm or so rise and fall) laid over water UFH pipes. Long story as to why. The room is 13M by 4

I've ground the floor down by the requisite 20 mil or so, and checked it for level all over. It's still a bit uneven but lower than the required height now.

I've filled the lowest points with self leveller with sharp sand, and I'm wondering how to do the final coat. It's an everbuild water mix compound that I'm using. Will it find its own level perfectly, or can I run a power float over the top to get it properly smooth (There's about a 2 - 3mm coat needed all over, I reckon)

We're going to be laying engineered wood flooring, over a foam underlay but the heating's not gone on yet, although I do have the means to heat the room using fan heaters. Would I be OK to lay the timber into a cold room, then have the heating cone on and be brought up to temp, as slowly as possible. We're looking to fit the kitchen on top of the floor, rather than down onto the concrete itself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back