Floor Tiles Uneven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laid new ceramic tiles on Kitchen and Utility room floor with pretty standard 12" X 12" Ceramic Floor Tiles. Some lapses of concentration by me have resulted in 5 or 6 tiles that are flexing at the edges, due to uneven floor, or poor distribution of adhesive I guess (out of total of 90 tiles though.. so not so bad really) But what to do? The flex isn't so much, absolute max of 1mm. The tiles can cope because they have been walked on, jumped on and even Washing machine and fully stocked double door Fridge Freezer rolled over! The only visible issue is of course that the grout has cracked due to the movement. Any ideas gratefully received! All I really want to do is fix it cosmetically ... stop the grout cracking.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps a silicone sealant of 1 sort or another would sort it? at least it flexes. Also seen grout mixed with a 50/50 p.v.a./water mix to add flexibility but never saw the aftermath so couldnt really advise it.

Try using Gripfill (try and not look at the tasty women!)and squeeze it into the joint so it goes underneath the tiles then clean out groove with a matchstick ready for new grouting.

Last time I've heard Gripfill being used was when Scoby_Beasley put it up his nose to stop the nose bleeds :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

masona said:
Try using Gripfill (try and not look at the tasty women!)and squeeze it into the joint so it goes underneath the tiles then clean out groove with a matchstick ready for new grouting.

Stopped the nose bleed masona but the tasty women made me weep,,,,,elsewhere!!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks!! I'll try that.

Then after I've finished with the tasty women .. nice tips :p ... I'll have a go with some of your ideas about the floor.

Cheers...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back