Flooring bumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've noticed an issue (actually noticed it about a year ago but only just looking into it( we have some ridges/bumps in our amitico flooring. They're mainly contained to one part, with four or five ridges the width of the plank (I'm sure theres another word for that but it's gone out of my head!). I've uploaded a pic but realise it is very difficult to see!

I haven't spotted any signs of a leak, no damp, cold spots etc. I do know that it has previously been cleaned my mopping and steam mopping if either of those could have caused a problem? It's also most affected in a piece of the flooring next to a radiator, if heat may play a part? Or is the fitting perhaps a more likely cause?

The floor is concrete. The amitico was already down when he moved in so I dont know much about it, unfortunately.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

JJ

Attachments

• 20200126_121712.jpg
    20200126_121712.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 236
Sponsored Links
Helo, thank you for your reply. Not as far as I'm aware but I'm not 100 percent...sorry, I'm not much use!!

looks to me like the boards under have sunk a bit . The amtico " boards" are crossing the original floor boards ?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's right, it's a concrete floor underneath. As I say, I noticed it a fair while back so I'm guessing it's not a major problem, but just interested as to why it has happened. Thanks everyone.

I’d say it’s just a trowel mark in the smoothing compound which wasn’t spotted when laying. When that happens it should have some feather finish on it. If it’s solid it’s nothing to worry about.

looks like a prep problem to me, although I would also say that you should never use a Steam mop on any LVT, Vinyl, Laminate or Wood Flooring surface, no matter what the Steam Mop manufacturer shows on their product advertising or instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back