"Bump" in otherwise smoth and level concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am about to tile (slate) my bathroom floor and install Warmup underfloor heating. I am first laying warmup insulation boards (10mm) and have found and bump or short ridge which causes one of the boards to rise up at one corner (as much as 10mm). How can I best deal with this problem? I dont know if it would be possible to use self leveling compound and a waste since the rest of the floor (~4sqm) is flat and level. The ridge is probably about 40cm x 10cm max. Would it be possible to lay the boards and "level out" by varying the depth of adhesive? Its driving me mad so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Joe

Sponsored Links
p3800409_l.jpg
p4167993_l.jpg

:LOL:

Very good. Yeah thats what Ive been doing but its a bloody pain, lets say I remove a good bit of it does it need leveling still? Will the adhesive bind ok to the ripped out part of the floor? Cheers.

Yes. Unless you've hacked it out very deep, in which case a bit of sand n cement to level off before putting down the adhesive.

I would've gone for angle grinder with a stone grinding disc, messy but effective.

Sponsored Links
I have only just started to hack it out. I only have a cheap n nasty angle grinder so would it do for the job? Also what disc specifically would I use and would a cheap one do!? Tahnks again for the replies so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back