flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wish to lay flooring of the same type throughout my whole house (a company would do it for me). I WAS THINKING OF EITHER UNICLIC OR KARNDEAN (LIKE AMTICO BUT A LITTLE CHEAPER). Does anyone know of any problems i might anticipate with either of these.

Iolanda

Sponsored Links
If it is being layed over a large area you will probably need expansion strips added. The manufacturer will have specs for each product and maximum run lengths before these shoud be added. If these are not added the combined minute expansion of each board will make the floor lift! The skirtings should also be removed to allow the floor to run underneath providing an expansion gap. Unless you have very old ornate skirting that is worth keeping in which case you can use a beading to cover the gap but it never looks very satisfactory, to me anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back