Floppy Dishwasher door (Siemens)

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a Siemens SE26N250GB Dishwasher, probably very similar to a Bosch.

I have always had Bosch before. The door of this one always seemed more lightly sprung than I am used to, and now it is hardly counterbalanced at all, it seems to flop down unless you lower it by hand.

If I take the inner panel off the door, will I find springs or what?

Is it likely to be adjustable or need a new part? I have an idea that some dishwasher doors can be adjusted to accomodate the weight of decorative panels.

Sponsored Links
I found the manufacturer's parts diagram, and it appears to have hinge assembly with spring, on each side.

I have no experience of these going wrong or needing to be adjusted... does anyone?

it will either be a broken spring or the plastic/string tensioner from the spring to the hinge arm.easy job !!!
no adjustment.....

well it is still under guarantee so I called the service line

BSH Engineer came and looked from underneath, said both springs were in place and not broken, so there is nothing he can repair or adjust. thinks this model may have been designed with weak springs (WTF?)

I wonder if it would feel better if the hinges had more friction?

It's annoying me now....

Sponsored Links
well it is still under guarantee so I called the service line

BSH Engineer came and looked from underneath, said both springs were in place and not broken, so there is nothing he can repair or adjust. thinks this model may have been designed with weak springs (WTF?)

I wonder if it would feel better if the hinges had more friction?

It's annoying me now....

I think this engineer is spinning you a line.
Most doors will have some form of adjustment. If its still under warranty then contact BSH & tell them to sort it out or replace the machine !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back