fluctuating/pulsating water flow on mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just had a thermostatic mixer shower fitted, taking hot water from a Combi boiler.

When I turn on the shower the water flow is constant but as it heats up and once it’s warm the flow of water starts to fluctuate (pump), high pressure, low pressure, high pressure, low pressure, etc, it changes every second or even less than second.

When I run hot water in the kitchen or in bathroom bath or sink then the water flow appears constant.

Any ideas what could be causing this / how to fix it?

Thanks.

P.s. may be the boiler is NOT A COMBI boiler ! it is "SERVOWARM ELITE 50". there is hot water tank up in one of the bedrooms, and another cold water one in the loft.

maybe this is happening because the pressure of the hot and cold water is different.( I can stop the flow of hot water just by pressing my finger to the tap). do you think I could sort the problem by fitting pressure regulator at the bath/sower mixer tap.
what that this mean "Hot and cold supply pressure should be balanced"? It is from hansgrohe web site.

Sponsored Links
Please state boiler make and model, also shower make and model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back