Flue air pressure switch

R

ringy1

Can anyone tell me is there any point to the flue air pressure switch on the worcester bosch greenstar 24i junior/28i junior. Seems pointless, do they even put them in there boilers anymore?

Sponsored Links
Manufacturers include whatever parts they deem necessary!

If they could save a few pounds trhen they would!

Its a safety device!

It should not be touched by anyone who is not gas registered ( who will have been trained in their function and operation ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
seems the gas valve and fan are seperate on the junior(just ahad a look at the instructions) hence aps.

I just heard that they did not put in there boilers anymore because there was no need for it really.

If using a zero pressure governor APS is not required .............speed of combustion fan is directly proportional to variable gas rates , hence no APS required. (forced draught)

This is the working priciple of most boilers now. (condensing)

I knew what you were trying to say Ringy. :mrgreen:

all appliance makers like to make their products at a lesser inital cost.
so changes happen but i think a retro fit is often non possible.
thats life.

I remember a long timne ago being told by Keston Tech Dept on the phone to remove the APS form a Celcius boiler and link out the wiring, I told them that untill they put that in writing, I would not do it!
(I never did recieve written instruction to do this!) :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back