Flue pipe venitng distances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted this recently but maybe to wrong area - trying again

redoing my flat and plumber has installed a 45 degree angle to save one meter of run on 100 mil flue pipe. flue comes out into small courtyard which has an exterior wall run of only about 850.

IF he had drilled hole in the right place the termination point would have safely in the middle of the wall - over 300 mill from one corner and 300 mil from another . Problem is the termination point, while safely over 300 mil from one end, is about 230 mill from the other - and exterior corner of the property.

I am just a punter but I know the regs call for the pipe to be 300 from all corners. He says he will certify it but I wonder if i go to rent the place will I not get a safety certificate when some other heating/boiler engineer says it is not ok. Plumber is a good guy, knows what he is doing it seems, but I am loath to go on with this as is, but also loathe to have him come and move it a

He says regs are relaxing some and it will be fine. Builder agrees. just don't want to have to make a change at a later date for lots of money...

any advice. Need to move on this - make a decsion in next day or two as the build will go on...

thanks
PC

Sponsored Links
As per answer already given on your previous post 300mm is a standard reg manufacturers instructions over rule this so look at them as it can go down to 25mm for internal/external corners

As per answer already given on your previous post 300mm is a standard reg manufacturers instructions over rule this so look at them as it can go down to 25mm for internal/external corners

Do you mean down to 250 mil, not 25 mil?

The corner is an external one, and I just went and measured. From the corner to center of the pipe is 240 mil. I turned on electrics and boiler fired up so steam was coming out. It is a pretty obvious thing, nothing subtle about it...

A friend suggested that I extend the wall out 60 mil to get up to 300 mill... but then we are over the part wall...

I could get pic later today... need to write to builder and see how to address this

( question - where did my previous post land - i am new to the site and could not find it...)

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

me again
it is a worceter - bosch and the booklet says 300 mil to internal and external corner...

what's the model?

model is worc - bosch greenstar 25 si
met with gas safe friend tonight. he said the copper pipe work done by plumber was excellent, test boiler and it was right on. but the fall was 2 cm and should be about 13 cm over the course of the 2.7 meter internal run

also it is sited wrong - the plumber measured from the spot where the flue pipe exits the building ( 300 from their to the corner ) but the measure should be from the end of the flue where the steam comes out...

was also closer than 600 to the boundary - i assume the boundary is the middle of the wall between my property and the next

is it really true you need to be only 25 mil from a downpipe?

Probably a bit of an aside here, but why didn't you get your gas safe plumber friend to do the install if you trust his opinion over the person you have actually employed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back