Fluke voltage tester recall

Sponsored Links
Fluke T110, T130, and T150 testers

https://www.fluke.com/en-gb/support/safety-notices/tpt-recall

I'm on my 3rd T-150 so it's nice to see them finally admitting the design flaw and hopefully my 4th T-150 won't break after a few months
I saw a similar post on another forum. The other day my son-in-law was saying his meter had failed calibration and having spoken to Fluke they advised him to part x for a different model for around £600.
Reading the Post I forwarded the link to him without knowing what model number he had. Luckily for him it is one affected.

Thanks for posting, hopefully it will help others.

I saw a similar post on another forum. The other day my son-in-law was saying his meter had failed calibration and having spoken to Fluke they advised him to part x for a different model for around £600. ... Reading the Post I forwarded the link to him without knowing what model number he had. Luckily for him it is one affected.
I'm a bit confused. As I understand it, the three Fluke products in question are 'voltage testers' that cost under £100 new - so how on earth could he have been charged £600 to part-exchange one of them for anything remotely similar? I also wonder whether 'voltage testers' are generally 'calibrated'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I'm a bit confused. As I understand it, the three Fluke products in question are 'voltage testers' that cost under £100 new - so how on earth could he have been charged £600 to part-exchange one of them for anything remotely similar? I also wonder whether 'voltage testers' are generally 'calibrated'.

Kind Regards, John
Oh, OK I guess I have missunderstood something during messages via my daughter.

Oh, OK I guess I have missunderstood something during messages via my daughter.
That sounds probable. I imagine that the item which 'failed calibration' and for which Fluke offered a part-exchange replacement for 600 must have been something quite 'serious' (far more serious than a 'voltage tester'), quite probably an MFT.

It sounds a bit mean of Fluke. You may recall that when I asked them about repairing my fairly ancient 1562, they said they could 'repair it by replacement with a brand new machine of at least the same spec" for a price of 50% of the current RRP for that new product.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back