Fluorescent Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have mains power running to my garage via a semi permanente extension cable. I wish to add lighting in the form of a 240V IP65(?) 1500mm Fluorescent Light. Like this

Is it possible to run this from the mains extension via a transformer? or can i just plug it in?

In case you were wondering..... i know nothing abouy electrics.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Typeone said:
Is it possable to run this from the mains extension via a transformer? or can i just plug it in?

as the light is 240v why do you want a transformer, as for your "semi permanet supply" you mean you have a non suitable method of a supply to an out building that is dangerous but you dont know how to do it proplerly. so it will stay.

I strongly recomend you get several quotes to have it done properly in swa

So it just plugs in then?

Should have mentioned. The extension cable is run inside some PVC conduit and fixed to the wall.

Sponsored Links
not so bad then, no digging risk (which is the main reason for using SWA)

you should just be able to fit a flex to your light though and plug it in, remember to do something to restrain the flex where it comes out though (compression glands work very well for restraining flex that comes out of the 20mm knockouts you see on fittings intendeded for fixed wiring)

Thats good.
Will pick up some compression glands.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back