flushed and flushed ahain, still no circulation!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, new to this and first post. Please can anyone explain to me why I lack circulation..... I have 3 radiators downstairs. Each one has it's own seperate in/out flow pipe coming straight down from upstairs. The rads in the hall and dinning room have always worked perfectly (even after me flushing them). However, the remaining one in the lounge has never worked deespite countless flushing. I've removed the radiator and flushed it fully, attached a hose to each valve and flushed them but still when all reconnected there is still no circulation. After reconnecting the radiator I opened the bleed valve and warm/hot water flows in, but that is it. The water then quickly goes cold due to no circulation. Help me please as I'm losing my mind over this. :confused:
Many thanks for reading, andy help or advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried to turn off both radiators that are working and seeing if that helps to circulate water to the one that does not heat up.

Take the rad off and make sure you get water from both rad valves :idea:
If one doesnt let any water out [into a bowl say] you know it is blocked
If they both let water out then it's either not plumbed in right or needs balancing.... possible kinked pipe or airlock depending on system

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, thanks very much for your replies.
With the radiator off (again) i flushed it (again) in the garden flipping it over on the grass quite a few times to loosen any remaining sludge and drained some water from each valve via a hose before reconnecting. After putting the rad back on and bleeding it I switch the heating back on. It did turn luke warm but nowhere near as hot as the others. As tryitandsee kindly suggested I turned off all other rads in the house. This seems to have done the trick and cleared any blocked/airlock/imbalance that remained. It now runs as hot as the rest :)

I've now got all the rads turned on full and swiched the heating on and off a few times. It seems to be heating up as much as the others.....for now. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back