Foam shower tray lifting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I have installed a lightweight foam shower tray as per manufactures instructions on a bed of sand and cement 5.1. However it hasn't stuck very good at the front of the tray there in a bit of bounce. This is the second time iv installed and had problems with foam trays. Never had a problem with stone resin ones. I even put weight on the tray till it set. Any one else had problems with these trays? I'm thinking of scraping some of the mortar out at the front of the tray and squirting expanding foam in.

Sponsored Links
Don't squirt too much in or the tray may end up somewhere near the ceiling and cutting down shower doors can be a nightmare. ;)

I guess the weight you had in the tray caused a bit of distortion.....I'd avoid expanding foam really - it does have a tendency to go where its not needed and is likely to distort things further.
John :)

Sponsored Links
without the weight in the tray I don't think it would of stuck much at all with it being so light.

May of been better to pink grip or silicone it down, but I've always been taught to follow manufactures instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back