Footballers are slaves? Don't make me laugh...

Are footballers "slaves"?

• No -just who are they kidding, the overpaid primadonnas

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes - in this day and age, they should be free to go whenever and wherever they so chose

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Make them pay a windfall tax at 110%, just for being footballers

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Make them pay their earnings back when they have a crap game

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good old Sepp Pigs Bladder, wading in and making completely stupid comparisons. I don't recall Ronaldo et alia being brought over here against their will, chained in a ship, dying in their thousands, being beasted and forced to perform menial tasks (oh, hang on, kicking a football about...), living on the breadline.

Footballers get vast swathes of dosh precisely for signing long contracts (I seem to remember the same approach in the Army, way back when - albeit not quite to the same level of remuneration...); and now the Portugese Pillock wants to go to Real, despite having signed only last year(of his own free will) a contract lasting to 2012.

Give 'em options: choose a contract term of per game/per year or years, with increasing remuneration depending on the time that they're prepared to commit and that's it, only let them buy themselves out of the last 12 months (at a vast fee), if they want to go somewhere else.

That muppet has an overblown sense of self-importance. Kinda reminds me of someone on this forum ;).

Sponsored Links
That muppet has an overblown sense of self-importance. Kinda reminds me of someone on this forum ;).

did you have a mirror in front of you when you put that? ;)

but seriously it is such a stupid comparison its unreal.

however, on the argument of just signing a contract for ronaldo, if you were in his shoes someone comes up and offers you more money to move to spain away from manchester........

Sponsored Links
Back