For whom the Darling tolls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Darling ... Another HMG'er Quick to talk.. then regret at leisure.
Salary for old rope .. I could sit up there and be led up and down the garden path by 'advisors' .. patently obvious they are taking the pizz out of him ..
All the sound bites about pricing, tolls etc and he has not even done the basic homework. ... Like asking PM2-GB what he thinks ...
....the Treasury was alarmed by estimates suggesting the lorry pilot scheme would cost up to £2 billion to introduce. Every lorry would have been fitted with a satellite tracking device to monitor its movements and deduct the appropriate payment. A similar scheme is operating in Germany after a series of delays which cost the German Government billions of pounds in lost revenue....

LINK

Not to worry ... look out for the latest proposals from the Energy Saving Trust to increase Road Tax (VED) from £165 to £900 PER YEAR on any car that does less than 35mpg ... :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
Not to worry ... look out for the latest proposals from the Energy Saving Trust to increase Road Tax (VED) from £165 to £900 PER YEAR on any car that does less than 35mpg D

Sounds like a good idea to me, although I suppose it would be fairer to only impose it on cars purchased after increase came into effect.

petewood said:
pipme said:
Not to worry ... look out for the latest proposals from the Energy Saving Trust to increase Road Tax (VED) from £165 to £900 PER YEAR on any car that does less than 35mpg D

Sounds like a good idea to me, although I suppose it would be fairer to only impose it on cars purchased after increase came into effect.

i think i get about 35-40MPG from my car!

Sponsored Links
how is that a good idea its just another stealth tax i for one say we should pay the same as the yanks on fuel we are an ally of theres after all so how about it £ 1.50 a gallon anyone sounds good to me

global warming ?? seems if china and usa dont do there bit we are wasting our time and simply putting cash in the governments pocket

Back