Ford Focus 2002 nearside door mirror loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The mirror in the housing is vibrating badly as I drive along, its still attached and moves with the joystick. I cannot see what should be holding it in place, I suspect it is a clip of some sort that has come adrift.
Is there anywhere I can find an exploded view of the workings so that I can see what is missing?
Or has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?
Regards
alwoody :confused:

Sponsored Links
Have you tried a Ford Focus owners website - I have a very old VW and I found the VW equivalent people were really helpful with clear pictures showing me how to (replace a whole door window mechanism in my case).

On my VW there is a triangular piece of plastic, inside the car, which has to be levered off very carefully to reveal some tightening bolts. I needed to use a wide bladed screwdriver to avoid damaging the plastic.

Finally you could try Googling for "Focus Spare Parts list" and, if you are really lucky, you may get a exploded diagram which might help.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, I came to this forum after already exhausting all other avenues as suggested by you. The Ford Focus Owners Forum lets you register but wants £20 a year to take part and blocks you. I think I have a clip of some sort missing and am trying to find out what.

When I used to work for Ford the mirrors would usually have just popped off a central ball joint that a socket on the back of the mirror attaches to. To put it back you cup the mirror housing top 'n' bottom with your thumbs pressing against the glass near the centre of the mirror. Then push with the thumbs, firm pressure, and the mirror should pop back onto the ball joint.

NOTE: The mirror will usually just pop back on but law of averages, sometimes they crack. However if yours does crack you will at least be able to remove the mirror and take note of the fixings. A new mirror is attached in the same way as decribed above.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Eric I will give it a go whenever this damn rain stops.

Back