Ford Focus "Acceleration Reduced" on dash (EAC fault)

As you say, spares would be a bit interesting I'd have thought. Ford themselves used to be pretty good at one time, they ran an advert when they had their new central spares place in the 60s (must be) saying that they had spares for pretty well everything they had ever made. Whether that's still true is another matter.
I actually was tempted a bit. The car was a do-upper and scruffy, but said to be pretty solid with a good engine. That Ford six is a really nice engine. Nicer than the V engines IMHO. The downsides would be tin worm, poor fuel economy by today's standards, pretty bouncy "American" style ride. Brakes were OK on them as I remember. My dad had several of the mark 2s and 3s.
Too far to go for me to have a look though, and a bit too much money for what it was I thought.
I've dragged this right OT now!

Sponsored Links
Just an update for an old thread in case it helps anyone later. The car hasn't had any further limp mode or dash problems since that repair 3 years ago - it looks like £55 per hour is worth it sometimes :)

£55 an hour is quite reasonable really, Ford are around £100 an hour!.

Sponsored Links
I got quoted £90+vat from Ford to read gearbox fault codes on our Kuga Powershift.

Bought an ELM adapter for £22 and Forscan (free), this lets me read all systems on hi and low speed canbus. Just need a laptop to install Forscan on.

Really worth having if you own a Ford!.

Back