ford focus bonnet latch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, my bonnet for some reason has stopped shutting properly, it will catch so that you need the key to open it up. but i will not lock flush with the car so i am worried it could open whilst driving. ford want to charge me £80 to have a new bonnet latch fitted. my partner is capable to fit the part i just need to get the part . does anyone know how i can find this part cheaper than direct through ford.

Sponsored Links
Worth a try before spending a lot of money, give it a good spraying with WD40 it sounds like it's partially seized.

Wotan

yeah my partner has tried that. it is still just bouncing back up out of the latch point. and then after an hour of messing around it sundennly shut. i daren't open it now!

yeah my partner has tried that. it is still just bouncing back up out of the latch point. and then after an hour of messing around it sundennly shut. i daren't open it now!

Next time you get the car serviced, the garage can fix it for you.

Sponsored Links
Those Ford bonnet catches are tricky. Is this one released by the key? As the key fixture seizes up?

Slamming it down, in anger seals it, but if you manage to get it up again, smear a load of heavy grease on the hinge, and the wires you can see..Loads of WD40 on the key release, if thats applicable..

There is an adjustment there, but take it to Halfords/Kwikfit for a 'free' inspection, and let them deal with the problem.

i had exactly the same issue.....

WD40 and messing around moving bits back into their resting place with a screwdriver has fixed the issue, that was almost a year ago.

Back