Former health secretary Andrew Lansley blames NHS cuts for failure to diagnose his bowel cancer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://news.sky.com/story/former-h...ailure-to-diagnose-his-bowel-cancer-11315400?

Former health secretary Andrew Lansley blames NHS cuts for failure to diagnose his bowel cancer

He hit out at cuts "wrongly" imposed by the Government, claiming they frustrated the delivery of a screening programme which could have ensured he was diagnosed earlier.

This is exactly what was going to happen. Shameful, stupid and utterly immoral cuts.

I guess this is where it finally hits home.

Sponsored Links
Fact is no one has ever spent enough on the NHS ever ;) and they never ever will ;)

Stick a TV camera in some ones face and ask them if they are prepared to pay more taxes to fund the NHS & every one (?) will say yes ;)

Now get em to vote for it ;)

see if all those who said yes vote for it :idea:

Fact is no one has ever spent enough on the NHS ever ;) and they never ever will ;)

Stick a TV camera in some ones face and ask them if they are prepared to pay more taxes to fund the NHS & every one (?) will say yes ;)

Now get em to vote for it ;)

see if all those who said yes vote for it :idea:

The NHS has been underfunded under the current government.

People will vote for it as the benefits will outweigh the costs.

It's those who dont understand the full issues who think that the solution is cuts to education and healthcare. As there are externalities which will filter through.

Certainly the current government have underfunded the NHS, its certainly not as simple as that though.

PFI repayments are massive, so the current government is having to pay for debts create by previous government.

Did labour understand the full issues when they expanded the PFI method to finance new hospital resulting in crippling repayments for many years later.

I dont know if it can work, but Ive always thought the NHS should have a cross party team to create a very long term plan for the future.

I like the idea of a hypothecated tax

What ever happens we need to keep the NHS from private business and the US health insurance model.

Sponsored Links
Certainly the current government have underfunded the NHS, its certainly not as simple as that though.

PFI repayments are massive, so the current government is having to pay for debts create by previous government.

Did labour understand the full issues when they expanded the PFI method to finance new hospital resulting in crippling repayments for many years later.

I dont know if it can work, but Ive always thought the NHS should have a cross party team to create a very long term plan for the future.

I like the idea of a hypothecated tax

What ever happens we need to keep the NHS from private business and the US health insurance model.

What's massive? I agree PFI needs to end as it is very bad value for money.

I agree the NHS and education should be removed from being political footballs.

A hypothecated tax wouldn't work as you would have problems in how you would raise it. The costs alone would eat up the benefits.

People will vote for it as the benefits will outweigh the costs.

It's those who dont understand the full issues who think that the solution is cuts to education and healthcare. As there are externalities which will filter through.

the NHS has been under funded by all governments and will continue to be under funded in your life time and beyond . ;)

The police will be under funded

Armed services will be under funded

ect ect

To anyone recently having partaken of this screening programme I would say do not be reassured by a supposed ok result. If you have any suspicion that you have a bowel problem consult your GP. My wife was diagnosed with colon cancer 6 months after being screened & it did not show up a problem. The consultant said she had had the tumour for a long time.

Back