Freesat Box Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dont know if this is the right place but here goes. I got an electric outlet and satellite cable fitted on the wall so I can hang my TV with no cables showing. Had it done in my bedrooms and I am lucky to have a Panasonic Viera with Freesat built in so the cable just goes straight in from the LNB. In the other room I have the TV up and was going to get a little Freesat Box picture however the plug looks huge and no way will it fit behind the TV. Is there any way around this? Can I get a plug with a smaller head and not one that sticks out? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.PNG
    IMG_0107.PNG
    286.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0108.PNG
    IMG_0108.PNG
    299.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0109.PNG
    IMG_0109.PNG
    289 KB · Views: 152
Sponsored Links
That's not a UK plug. It will probably arrive with something different.
If it's still too big you have various options. I'd wait and see what arrives and check the rating of the supply.

Would be one of these but that still sticks out to far

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
If the box needs a 5V supply, I'd consider using a socket with a USB socket.

Thanks so you mean something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0113.PNG
    IMG_0113.PNG
    274.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Yes but you would need to check the voltage ans current required, as well as the plug size.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back