french doors unlocked but handle won,t go down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
tittle says it all ive put some used french doors on a shed they,ve been fine for weeks but now i can,t get in help the key turns when the handle,s lifted handle returns to middle but won,t go down..paul

Sponsored Links
As acorrding to me try this ,find the switching device for the detention. Try pushing it left, right or up and down to unlock it.

Sponsored Links
tittle says it all ive put some used french doors on a shed they,ve been fine for weeks but now i can,t get in help the key turns when the handle,s lifted handle returns to middle but won,t go down..paul

It sounds as if the doors have settled into a position incompatible with their smooth operation.

If the handle won't go down then they are still locked, i would try a lever under the said door, like a crowbar and a block of wood, gently apply weight while turning the key to unlock, if it clicks over then the handle should come down, i'd say it was just settlement and they want jiggling open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back