Fridge and computers on RCD circuits

In my home the Fridge freezer is on a dedicated single socket off a B16, it shares the same RCD as the hard wired smoke alarms, so if the green ready light on the smoke alarms fails to glow, I know the RCD has probably tripped.
You're obviously not like me - in the absence of audible alarms, goodness knows how long it would take me to notice that the lights on the smoke alarms had gone out!!
Aico smokes, at least, beep when they lose 230v, I would never notice an LED going out (unless it's bright enough to cast a glow at night)

Sponsored Links
You're obviously not like me - in the absence of audible alarms, goodness knows how long it would take me to notice that the lights on the smoke alarms had gone out!!
Aico smokes, at least, beep when they lose 230v, I would never notice an LED going out (unless it's bright enough to cast a glow at night)
Exactly, that's why I also said that I might never notice if it were not for the audible alarm!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back