Fridge Stop working sometime

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a Beko Frost Free with independent Freezer, but the fridge is too small so I think that they are using both the same compressor. The problem is that sometime the fridge stop working (the light is still on) and I have to change the temperature regulator (i think it is the thermostat) and then to unplug from the electricity and to plug back the fridge in order to make this works again (sometime this is taking sometime until this starts to work again). Btw there is only one temperature regulator for the fridge and freezer.

Can someone tell me if this problem can be related to the thermostat or to any other part easy to repair?

Thank you in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
It could be the t/sat but it could also be the compressor electronic.
1 compressor is common.
If you turn the t/stat to full, does it run for a very long time, I would expect it to. Also with touching the t/stat if you leave the door open for a while does it start up again.

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think so that it is the compressor, since when it is working, the fridge cools properly. BTW what is the sat?

Thank you again

What do you mean by the fridge stops working? it gets warm? or you can't hear it running, it only runs when temp requires it.

Sponsored Links
I think that this gets warm, you can smell a little bit and the back of the fridge starts to defrost. Even if I change the temperature, this doesn't start to work, so you can see the light on but you can't hear any sounds at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back