Front door lock ... help needed for insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some advice. I was burgled in April and the locksmiths came out to make good. They only offered like for like so I upgraded to a anti-snap euro at the time.

The insurance renewal has come today and says they need proof that my front door meets their requirements. For info, my front door is the only way into my house as there is no back door.

They stipulate the main entrance door must be one of the following:

a lock approved to BS3621 OR
a mortice deadlock of at least 5 levers OR
a rim automatic deadlatch with a key locking handle on the inside OR
a key-operated multi-point locking system with at least three fixing points and a lock cylinder with at least five pins.

The lock smith fitted "Squire 45/45 anti-snap euro" to the door. Squire's website says this is 6-pin. When I lock the door, it has three lock points that come out. One at top, middle and bottom. Top and bottom shaped like hooks.

So question: What is the exact description of what I have? Am I BS3621 or maybe the bottom description with the 3 fixing points and 5+ pin lock is suitable for me?
This is so I can prove I am at the standards for renewal, but will also help with comparison sites when they question the door/locks if I have to get quotes from elsewhere.

Thanks

Images are here:

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Sponsored Links
think this is the one you got by your description
a key-operated multi-point locking system with at least three fixing points and a lock cylinder with at least five pins.

you have 3 fixing points top,mid,bot and you say they fitted a 6 pin lock so this must be the one :)

Sponsored Links
No, as it was not tested to that standard.
However it is an acceptable alternative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back