Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got jobs to do which include:

Spraying some very nasty solvents
Angle grinder on wall
Sanding down my crappy bonding plastering

... more jobs which make lots of dust or dangerous oil solvents

Anyway's decided to take the plunge on safety and get a full face respirator.

I been recommended the 3M 6800 or 6900 because I have a Neanderthal brow.

I'm not made of money but I'm also sick of being high as a kite Xylene coming from a spraying device and choking on fibreglass in attics which is now probably lodged in my lungs like asbestos giving me another 30 years to live so please give good recommendations for full-face, reusable respirators that I can just slot cartridge in for the right job if you know any good reason I shouldn't go with 3M.

Being able to handle oxygen tank would also be major cool but I've only got a budget of about £100 for this so lets be serious.

Sponsored Links
Bodge, the 3M will be fine so long as theres a good range of filters, having worked for an ARC i was given a Scott full face, again a good one with a full range of filters although we only used P3 ones, If you think you can get away with a half mask then try sundstrom, another quality brand with a range of filters.

Luckily for me i didnt do any asbestos stripping because i failed the face fit as i have a goatie beard and refused to shave it off so the mask wouldnt seal, if your serious about your H&S then you'll need to be clean shaven for the mask to give 100% protection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back