Funeral processions

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I had my old mum sent off, the FD walked ahead of the hearse to the end of the road, then got in and drove at normal pace the rest of the way. Hearse came from the FD premises to the house to be followed by funeral cars. Quite a number of people came to the house first instead of going straight to the crem as I thought was usual.

I think it must be a local tradition, AFAIK they don't do it everywhere.

FD had a top hat, seemed to be just for carrying, never put it on.

I didn't ask for any of that.

Sponsored Links
To deny anyone their last ride, at whatever speed, shows disrespect, to be inconvenienced for a few minutes is hardly the end of the world.
You should learn to be a bit more tolerant.

Wotan

To deny anyone their last ride, at whatever speed, shows disrespect, to be inconvenienced for a few minutes is hardly the end of the world.

Wotan

Would you have the same opinion if it was the norm?

Sponsored Links
To inconvenience total strangers going about their business is what shows disrespect by the way.

To inconvenience total strangers going about their business is what shows disrespect by the way.

so a hgv reversing out of a building site, and needing a wide berth is being disrespectful because it slows Joe bloggs down on his way to get his paper? Or using a public loo is disrespectful because it's stops someone else using it?

Get a grip sooey

Your child like non comparisons just reinforce the impression of idiocy you give.

Wotan

Would you have the same opinion if it was the norm?
You have answered your own question, if it was the norm then yes it would be acceptable.

Wotan

To you perhaps, not to me, and I suspect a great many others. Anyway lets hope it doesn't become the norm.

BTW, perhaps you could show me what "allegations" softladmartian has made which I have sidestepped. I assume there must be one since you thanked him for his post. :rolleyes:

To you perhaps, not to me, and I suspect a great many others. Anyway lets hope it doesn't become the norm.

BTW, perhaps you could show me what "allegations" softladmartian has made which I have sidestepped. I assume there must be one since you thanked him for his post. :rolleyes:

the hgv and the public loo soft lad.... are you worried that maybe someone agrees with me, and you are actually a ****? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back