Fused Socket in Hong Kong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to wire up an appliance to a fused socket (on a ring circuit) in Hong Kong (see photo). We have the same wiring and electrical standards here as in the UK.
Currently, the 2 mains blue and brown wires are inserted into the the N and L 'IN' terminals. I assume the blue wire from my appliance inserts in into the L LOAD terminal at top left (ie the grey bar). I assume also that the brown wire from the appliance inserts into the L In terminal at top right. Then the earth into the relavant earth terminal. My question is: what happens with the red wire running currently from the L IN terminal to the L LOAD terminal? Do I remove it or does it share L IN terminal with the brown wire?
Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean fused connector? that is not a socket. Can't make out markings on moulding, can you get a close up?

Your assumptions make it pretty clear you haven't the slightest idea what you're doing.

Get someone else to do it.

Not sure what the proper terminology is for these things, but its what my (Chinese) electrician called them so perhaps something was lost in the translation. I'll attach a photo of the front which should make it clear. Also a higher res photo of the back which will hopefully show the various markings. I have already installed a couple of these things without problem but they are another brand and are configured differently (among other things, no red wire).
I am of course not an electrician but the number of choices here is limited and attaching a couple of wires to a terminal is not exactly brain surgery, so I'd prefer to do it myself rather than pay someone 50 quid for a 2 minute job. Many thanks for any help.
[/img]

Sponsored Links
If it's so simple then think it through and see where you've gone wildly, unbelievably wrong. It was clear from the back to anyone who understands simple circuits.

If I knew how to do it I wouldnt be asking. Its a simple question and presumably a simple answer, irrespective of whether I know what it is. I'm sure I could ask plenty of simple questions you wouldnt have a clue about. If you dont want to help thats fine but then why bother posting at all?

On your central switch block, incoming live and neutral to top pair of connections, outgoing cable live connected to left hand fuse connection and outgoing neutral to bottom left on switch block. Earths connected to either of the earth terminals.

If I knew how to do it I wouldnt be asking. Its a simple question and presumably a simple answer, irrespective of whether I know what it is. I'm sure I could ask plenty of simple questions you wouldnt have a clue about. If you dont want to help thats fine but then why bother posting at all?

I am trying to help. I am trying to help you realise that blinding putting wires in holes is dangerous.

If you were to simply sit down and think about the basic electrical theory you should have been taught, you would be able to do it yourself without help.

If thats your idea of help, its the kind I can do without. Literally, in fact, as I have already solved this simple problem and moved on. Thanks very much for your 'help', though. Its not often a complete stranger is so dedicated to the preservation of my wellbeing by offering, er, nothing.

If thats your idea of help, its the kind I can do without. Literally, in fact, as I have already solved this simple problem and moved on. Thanks very much for your 'help', though. Its not often a complete stranger is so dedicated to the preservation of my wellbeing by offering, er, nothing.

Why don't you think through the problem, and explain to me why it's wired that way.

Let me make this clear: This was not a problem at all. It's a very, very simple case of basic wiring, and if you understand so little of electricity that you need help with this, you shouldn't even be using it, let alone trying to wire things up.

Sponsored Links
Back