g/worm compact 75p dhw prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys have been scanning forum but have not seen my prob dealt with before so hope 1 of you experts may have come across this before....
have a g/worm compact 75p fanned flue combi for last 7 years . serviced and checked every year by corgi friend who is now travelling so lost that help . last year had intermittent probs with shut down but was sorted by friend .. pcb thermistors and boiler overheat cut off . fine for year but now have no probs with ch but dhw has started cutting out then back on again . fan 117v when low speed and 230 when high speed ch pump cut out when demand from tap is opened as stated in manual and have changed dhw thermistor and overheat cut off . ran boiler leaving hot tap fully open for 20 min and it went through a constant cycle of firing up for 2 mins then of for 30s (average give or take 5 s) on both winter and summer setting . then as it went into 30sec shut off i was unscrewing inner case to gane access to fan and it fired up . removed inner case and the boiler fired up and stayed on for 10 min until i shut off hw tap. reopened tap and boiler fired up and ran loverly until i done up final screw to secure inner case and then went back into cut off and restart cycle as before . seal is fine and securing screws on case not coming into contact with any thing and no wires getting snagged . do not need to remove inner cover completely for boiler to run fine just loosen enough for case to come off seal 1 mm . as i said now probs with ch circuit at all . the flue comes off top of boiler and straight through wall 400 mm . no real probs for 6 years , any ideas lads

Sponsored Links
Sounds the same as my current problem - did you sort it muffbumfy? - If so how? what was it?

thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
It would not surprise me if the boiler has now been replaced as that was seven years ago!

In any case as its a gas/combustion problem we cannot give detailed advice about the problem.

The obvious solution would be to call a competent boiler engineer.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back