Galaxy 48 pstn to work as dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

Please advice and help as i have below problems.
i am using Galaxy 48 panel.

1) There are 2 panic buttons connected to 2 of the inputs of 1031 and 1032 of expander.
Please advice what should be selected in programming zones and resistor select.(panic button side, normally closed and common is connected.
2) A landline connection is directly connected from the PSTN (without BT socket ) directly to the B and A of the panel. The client wants dial tone to a outside number only when there is alarm .
Please advice steps to configure the dialer.
Error says COMM FAIL COM1 and please advice what is the Account number as mentioned in the config

Sponsored Links
Zone type 13 PA.

PA buttons can be fitted with 2x 1k resistors the same as any sensor. This way, any faults for short circuit will be reported.

The PSTN cannot dial to an outside number. It requires a receiving MODEM on the other end and will report a COM error if there is no MODEM and receiving software to handshake with.

You may want to fit an Ethernet module and use low cost self monitoring over IP. That way, the client can receive detailed SIA based event information via phone/email/sms.

Dear Galaxy guy,

What about connect siren ( if so which pin I connect in panel). I think this panel does not support gsm module.

Thanks a lot for replying

Is theer any external dialler i can use like informer dialler to work with telephone.

Sponsored Links
It does support a GSM module, but it is Chiron based and not compatible with anything else.

You can add any generic dialer to the outputs, but you will not receive detailed events like you would with an SIA based module like the IP based reporting.

If I want to connect the speech dialler to any output, what are the wiring details and programming steps to make the dialler work when there is alarm activation.

Please I would appreciate the compatible model nos of speech dialler to connect to Galaxy 48 as I know it is not of bells only type.

Thanks

hi,

we are planning to put pyronix vocaliser to the output of the panel. could you please advice steps to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back