Galaxy Flex 20

but I have got the GSM Module installed but it only gives out text messages.
I don't really pay attention to text messages ... I want it to call me.

How do I go abouts doing that?

Thanks

The GSM will only send text directly, but if you have a data SIM, then you can hook up to SelfMon IP service by configuring the menu in the same way as you would for an Ethernet module. SelfMon will give you voice, email and SMS options, but costs £1 a month (includes 6 voice events).

If you want voice dialing any other way, then you're probably not going to get SIA and will need to buy a generic dialler.

Sponsored Links
daymn ... the gsm module was a waste of money ... £250 just to send you text messages ... is that correct?

and how would you know if you have run out of credit on the sim card?

daymn ... the gsm module was a waste of money ... £250 just to send you text messages ... is that correct?

and how would you know if you have run out of credit on the sim card?

Well, it does give you the capability of non phone-line IP based connection vi GPRS to send event messages. If you have a static IP SIM card, you can also connect with RSS and VirtualKeypad applications.

The panel isn't really geared to deal with low cost PAYG SIM cards that need topped up, so you'd probably be better off looking at M2M SIM's.

Sponsored Links
what is m2m sim cards?

Machine to Machine SIM cards. These are generally cheaper and based on MB usage. If your system is only transmitting alarm events, then it is likely that the payload of the events is very small in size.

If that's the case, then it could cost only £1.20 a month to give you coverage. You'd need to add that to the cost of the service receiving your events though, but still, you could have a mobile network based implementation for just over a couple of pounds a month.

Example m2m SIM provider:

http://m2msecuritysims.com/uk-m2m-sim-only-data/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back