galaxy g2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
i am trying to get into the engineer menu but every time is coming up " NO ACCESS SYSTEM SET" but there is nothing set even took the power off completely still the same ?? it was ok yesterday
ta

Sponsored Links
sorted i did not leave the power of the battery off long enough...
I am actually trying to disable SMS function , do i just delete all the numbers including the service number ?

finally if i buy the honeywell cable kit to flash and upgrade the system , do you also need to buy firmware or is it supplied with it ?

sorted i did not leave the power of the battery off long enough...
I am actually trying to disable SMS function , do i just delete all the numbers including the service number ?

finally if i buy the honeywell cable kit to flash and upgrade the system , do you also need to buy firmware or is it supplied with it ?

Just delete the mobile phone numbers.

The flash kit (which is different from the programming lead) does not include the firmware and costs about £50. You need to be on Honeywell's list of installers to receive that. You need at least version 1.51 to allow Vodafone TAP to work.

I believe that someone on the web offers a PCB postal swap out service for £30 which ensures that you get the latest firmware and avoid the flash upgrade failing and rendering your panel dead.

thanks , will do a web search for the pcb swap... i actually thought of buying an external GSM modem seen one at £32 with an antenna etc...

Sponsored Links
thanks , will do a web search for the pcb swap... i actually thought of buying an external GSM modem seen one at £32 with an antenna etc...

If you mean a stand-alone dialler that sends based on a number of programmable inputs, then yes, this would work. It wouldn't send panel based data though.

If you mean a PSTN to GSM MODEM, then you would still be using TAP for SMS, so would still need the Vodafone compatible firmware. The benefit of a PSTN to GSM MODEM would only be that it avoids the requirement for a land line being present to send the messages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back