Gap repair in LVT glue down tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
The other week I installed my LVT oak effect tiles into my kitchen diner extension. The job mostly went ok but i ran into trouble on one of the last sections. I'd had to go around a kitchen island and when the planks came back together on the other side I'd somehow lost the alignment and was out by a couple of mm.
This resulted in me having to rip a couple of planks down length ways which was really difficult as i was only removing a small slither so the end result is i've ended up with an unsightly gap to one edge of a couple of tiles. I know pro installers will call me out on this and say i should have got the pro's in - yes i know but this is a DIY forum after all.

So my question now is whats the best way to fill these gaps? I've found something called Bona Gap Master through google searching which looks like it can be colour matched. I just wasn't sure if this would be best for LVT since it looks like it's designed for real wood. I also was worried that it might not be ideal for flooring where the filled gap will be exposed to foot traffic so maybe some kind of epoxy resin / glue might be harder wearing?
The planks are glued down onto an Anhydrite screed with wet UFH underneath.
Any thoughts much appreciated and i'll also brace myself for the p*sstaking i'm sure I'll get for having messed this job up

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dazlight, Yes id come across that product too while searching.
Sub floor was defo dry. It had been laid the previous year without covering as I was saving and having the kitchen installed. Also had Laurence removed well before I laid the tiles. I also primed with Bal121 I think it was.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back