Gaps in windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea why there’s these gaps in several of the windows at a house I’ve just bought? Or how to fix it!?

Attachments

• 559A70D1-FED9-4B21-BD42-2BC3EBA8ECFC.png
    559A70D1-FED9-4B21-BD42-2BC3EBA8ECFC.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
Thank you for the quick reply! Any advice on how I’d do that? I’ve never adjusted a window before and the companies I’ve called aren’t interested unless I’m buying new windows from them!

Thank you for the quick reply! Any advice on how I’d do that? I’ve never adjusted a window before and the companies I’ve called aren’t interested unless I’m buying new windows from them!

Assuming it’s on friction stays, open up the window and you should be able to see the screws holding the stays to the frame - take out or loosen the screws which are in csk holes, then loosen the screw with the slot- push sash at bottom towards the handle and pull away from the handle with the top.

it’s possible the sash needs heel and toeing, but that means de glazing.

Sponsored Links
Amazing, thank you so much for the advice. I’ll post back on here how I get on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back