garage door/frame for concrete panel & post garage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Firstly, Hello to everyone - I'm quite new to this forum, but am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge (and helpful people) on here! I hope I can contribute too - though my areas of expertise are computers and cars :)

I've recently moved into a house with a concrete panel and post garage, but it's been very poorly looked after and needs some TLC to make it usable again.

I'd like to replace the up-and-over garage door and frame, the concrete posts in the front corners have wooden posts with an L shaped profile bolted to them, and the door frame is mounted on these - are these posts available from a builders merchants, or do they generally come from the garage manufacturer? Mine are rotting and wonky.

The only panel and post garages I've been able to find online seem to have a short wall either side of the garage door, but my door spans the whole of the front wall - does anyone fancy to hazarding a guess to the manufacturer? The opening (minus wooden posts) is 112x79" (285x200cm), if that's any help!

Alternatively, am I able to put a new frame in the opening, and drill/bolt the frame directly to the concrete posts?

Cheers guys!
Colin :)

PS... i'll put up pics tomorrow :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back