garage door openers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a garage door opener to an 'up and over' door. Any recommendations for reliable, reasonably priced gear ?
Also a daft question but they do close the door as well don't they ? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Endurer said:
Also a daft question but they do close the door as well don't they ? :rolleyes:

in theory they do, doesnt always work :cry: (usually when its raining)

The type you buy has to match your type of door. There are two main types of Up and Over doors. Canopy, where the door sticks out from the frame by about a third of its height when open and Slideaway, where the door goes fully into the garage when open. There are several different types for the Slideaway but most suppliers use the Autoglide for the Canopy type.

I having a new door fitted in a week or so, a Garador Canopy door with the Autoglide. I'll let you know what I think when it's fitted.

Dave R

Sponsored Links
I fitted an opener to my daughters garage door. It's an up and over with canopy. I used the kit from Wickes and it was quite straight forward to fit after a bit of fine tuning to get it right. It works fine - trouble is she's too lazy to put the car in the garage.

Hi Guys, I know this is an old post but my question follows on from this. When a door opener is fitted do you need to disable the original door locks and if so how is the door secured closed ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back