Garage Door Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some advice regarding replacement of my garage doors.
I need tp replace my present canopy/up and over garage doors. There are a lot to choose from and I need advice on what type to go for. I will be having Electrically operated doors and as far as I can determine the choice is Canopy, up and over fully retracting, or Roller doors.
Can anyone offer some advice as to what to avoid and the advantages/Disadvantages of these alternatives.
I think Roller Doors can be fitted by removing the existing wooden frame onto which the present canopy doors are fitted.
Are roller doors subject to problems due to the multitude of moving parts, Do they require a lot of routine maintenance, is electrical failure a problem bearing in mind that the only access to the garages are though the Garage door as there is no other conventional Side/back door entrance available and loss of electrical power means loss of access.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back