Help with Steel Canopy Garage Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I am buying a cheap steel canopy, up and over garage door from B & Q with a steel frame. I dont have a garage as such but I want the steel garage door so that i can park my car in the back yard. The size of the door is 2134mm x 2134mm.

My QUestion:-
The space I have in my back yard is almost 3 meters wide. This means that i will have to build a brick wall to narrow the gap so that my gate is securely fitted to brick work on either side. I am under the impression that this is an expensive option? Can I not just use a concrete lintel instead of the brick wall and knock up some wooden panels in the remaining gap? This will mean that the gate will be secured bu - Brick Wall on one side, Lintel on the other.

WHat other options do I have of securely fitting my canopy garage door?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
sorry, cant post a pic. But here are the exact dimensions.

The space in my back yard from brick wall to brick wall is 3800mm. The width of the Garage door Shutter is 2180mm. The hieght is 1900mm. I can secure it to any wall on either side but i need a cheap alternative in securing the other side.....and at the top of the canopy as well by the sounds of things?

This is the up and over garage door i am purchasing...

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1258311973866&isSearch=true

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

This is what I have been suggested so far. I will need 400ish standard bricks approx £128. 7 large bags of cements £25 approx total. One HUGE bag of sand £38 approx. I can get the frame created in wood. Shouldnt cost too much. How much should i be paying a brickie to build this wall and 6ft high double skinned? and how much do i pay sum1 for fitting the garage door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back