garden drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a problem with my garden, being water logged every time it rains.
I have been told by a friend to hire a rotorvator and rotorvate the soil and mix in some sharp sand to help with drainage and build a soak way.
now i can do this, but my concern is this will all be for nothing. My garden is lower than my neighbours both sides and its a foot drop to my garden when i come out of the house. now if i do the above to improve drainage, i think i will still get water logged because of my garden being lowest. I was thinking of filling my garden with sharp sand about 6 inches or more and then returf. would this be a better idea or would the sand soak up the water and leave my new turf soggy. i get about 2 inches off surface water which eventually drains away. i did have 10 inches of water a few years back when we had that bad downpour, so it says a lot about the drainage in my garden.
Any help please.
Regards :?: :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back