Garden retaining for tree protection area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We hv a side garden which is 22 metres long by 8 metres wide n about 1.2metres higher than the house. As it is an area with tree protection order, I was told we cannot build a brick retaining wall. I was given the suggestion of a sleeper retaining wall but I don't like that visual effect. Is there any other alternatives which wl allow me to abide the TPO n yet hv a better visual presentation.

Sponsored Links
Did the council say your couldn't build brick and mortar, I'd assume it's because of potential root damage/impairment, but clarify with them first. I'd also ask how far the wall needed to be from the tree. If its a root system thing the council wont want deep footings, how about checking if you can do a sleeper retaining wall and put a skin of brick or interlocking retaining blocks up the face. The facing wont be a retainer so the footing wont need to be as big.
Or gabion's???

Beefy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back