Garden soil retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of advise needed!

At the bottom of the garden is a slope which is sectioned into 3m long 350mm high.
I've removed the soil and dug a trench 200mm wide compacted fillled with rock,stones about 75mm then filled with 4-1 sharp sand/cement plus 50mm above hardcore level.

On top a 25mm mix 2-2-1 sharp-soft-cement layer and same time built a wall using 4" thermalite block 7n added dpm then back filled with pea 80mm and topped with soil and pea to 30mm below surface..

My question should these been in concrete building blocks for winter as I read when water ingress thermalite blows.
I am going to render and top with some concrete block cap, Will I get away doing it like that or should I replace with concrete blocks.

Next area at 90 degrees has a Tarmac alley way which has arris concrete posts every 3m level about 350mm high.
I've removed soil dug a trench 200mm wide compacted fillled with rock,stones about 75mm then filled with 3-1-1 sharp-coarse -cement 50mm.
i'm going to incorporate the post concrete into the wall which are dug to lower than the soil removed but can not cut back more than 60mm into the alley way, ive also added the dpm layer.

I will be laying a 6-1 dry mix 40mm and topping with paving stabs against the inside wall as well later to drop a shed onto.

Should I fit drain holes and are they 150mm above ground and are they though dpm and into the gravel?

Also any help on a web link to some pipe work idea so I can add a connection to the house for internet and water lines to a shed placed in said area.
Regards rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back