Gas BBQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'll try and make this simple (like me!)

I've recently bought a Gas 4 Burner BBQ from Argos to replace my really old Gas BBQ that I took to the skip a few months ago.
I had a Butane Gas Bottle left from the old one, but the new BBQ has only a Propane regulator on the end.
I've been to a few petrol stations to buy a new Propane bottle but they wanted over £60 for the bottle and £21 for the Gas.

Is there a conversion kit/regulator that I can fit to the new BBQ so it can run off Butane?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Isn't it just a rubber hose with a hoseclip onto a pipe tail? You can get new regulators from caravan and camping shops.

Or even better, take it back to Argos and get a proper BBQ that burns charcoal!

Nozzle

IMG_2082.JPG After spending about an hour and a half erecting the bloody thing, I'm at pains to swap it now mate but thanks for the advice.

That doesn't fit the bottle. The bottle is half full (or empty!) and they won't swap the Butane bottle for a Propane one so I need to convert it to Butane

That's what I'm saying - it's designed to NOT fit the cylinder as the regulator for propane and butane are different. You need to buy a different regulator and just exchange the rubber hose, the low pressure side, at the BBQ. You may have been able to pilfer the older regulator from the BBQ that you chucked and just swapped them over.
Butane_Propane_Regulators.jpg

Nozzle

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back