Gas boiler power supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a BG man come over this morning to fix our boiler, however he said he needed to isolate boilers power supply before he can work on it. He couldn't find it. However the boiler was installed by BG so they either don't need it or they found it last time. Where is the switch normally located? I've looked next to the water tank but nothing.

Thanks

Nush

Sponsored Links
They fitted it, make them find it, if you don't have one, make them fit one for free as the should have done so as part of fitting the boiler.

Usually somewere near to boiler try and follow the wire from it
How long was he there?
But if its a BG install and BG are serviceing/repairing ring em back tell them u think there service is poor and send the clown back to find it or you will take your buisness else were including your supplier if its them.

The sparkies hide the fuse spurs all over the place. I found one screwed to the top of a kitchen cupboard.

If its not in the airing cupboard then they are usually near the boiler. Outside chance its near the consumer unit. Are there washing machines / dryers near it? Often the spurs are behind these.

He could still of worked on the boiler by isolating the heating system at the consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
He could still of worked on the boiler by isolating the heating system at the consumer unit.
Just out of interest, do BG vans have fuse-locks as standard equipment?
I happen to have them, but don't really rate them, and would be very hesitant to work on something if the customer (or anybody for that matter ) could turn the power back on with me knowing it.

No not normally. They are available off the laptops i think.

We have plug and fused spur locking off things, and some sort of MCB lock off but i cant see how it works. Plus warning labels saying not to turn electrics on etc.

The sparkies hide the fuse spurs all over the place. I found one screwed to the top of a kitchen cupboard.

If its not in the airing cupboard then they are usually near the boiler. Outside chance its near the consumer unit. Are there washing machines / dryers near it? Often the spurs are behind these.

And thats the general standard of BG is it? :eek:

If, when the boiler was changed the new one was put in a dif pos the iso may be at the old blr pos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back