Gas central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved in to a property which already has a central heating system which is 12-13 years old. The system is serviced by a floor boiler. The boiler provides the family hot water via a small storage tank - though its not a combi. Some of the radiators play silly buggers in that sometimes they heat up and some times they decide not to heat up. The boiler is also very erratic when switched on to heat the water.

I consulted a CORGI installer who recommended a Vailant combi of about 100k btu. The Boiler is required to supply up to 16 radiator of various sizes.

I must point out that there are seven people in the family. There are two bathrooms in addition to one toilet. THREE kitchen sinks!!! (one in the kitchen proper, one in the utility room and one in the garage) All have hot water supply.

I would like system which is economical which will give me constant supply of hot water.

Which would be the best boiler for me?

Should I change my system from the current one I have?

You response would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
IF YOU WANNT PLENTY OF HOT WATER,STEER CLEAR OF COMBI BOILERS,STICK WITH A TANK SYSTEM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back