gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a gas fire , but my fitter he cant fit it as i dont have a 200mm gap only 154mm, can i get round this ? as i have had the fire 9 months while we waited to move

Sponsored Links
philip b said:
i have a gas fire , but my fitter he cant fit it as i dont have a 200mm gap only 154mm, can i get round this ? as i have had the fire 9 months while we waited to move

I know...make the gap a bit bigger. Try about 6mm and then you should be pretty close to the magic 200mm

Hope this helps ;)

Sounds like a precast flue, some times you can build out the marble surround using a suitable surround also some fires can be fitted with spacers to give this dimension. Speak to the manufactures for advice also some fires are not suitable for the smaller precast flue and even if the fire fits it could still fail a spillage test.

Try looking at the electric models

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
philip b said:

I know...make the gap a bit bigger. Try about 6mm and then you should be pretty close to the magic 200mm

Hope this helps ;)

Don't you mean 46mm....... ;)

fender said:
scatmanjohn said:
philip b said:

Hope this helps ;)

Don't you mean 46mm....... ;)
:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

That will teach me for trying to be clever?

Clearly if a professional cannot fit it due to the regulations there is only one solution.

Say that you are competent and fit it yourself.

If you get into trouble then blame Water Systems.

Only trouble is that he is an old retired fellow who ensures that his identity is kept secret so no one can blame him for wrong or illegal advice advice.

Tony

Perhaps thats so!

I post under my real name unlike 80% of the people here who want to hide their identities ( why I would ask? ).

That posting was intended solely as a joke to highlight the absurdity of the Water Systems which intentionally in a "signature" implies that "DIY gas work is legal". He only does that because he has some kind of jealously towards CORGI registered people.

Gas can be dangerous! I can only recommend that anyone who wants to do gas work must use a competent CORGI registered person.

I also have to say that some people who are CORGI registered do not appear very competent! I have no hesitation in saying that!

Tony

It seems that you use you real name to advertise yourself, are you that desperate, this is a diy forum not a customer base.

Gasman1015 said
It seems that you use you real name to advertise yourself, are you that desperate, this is a diy forum not a customer base.

No he just wasnt clever enough to come up with a 'tag', Joking Tony :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back