Gas flame not high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Leisure Bistro 55 cooker, about 10 years old, the 4 hob rings and the grill are working perectly.
My problem is that no matter what gas mark i select the flame stays the same very low flame in the oven.
I have been told it could be the thermostat or the Flame Supervision Device (FSD)
I was under the impression that the FSD actually shut off the gas if the flame goes out.......but as the flame is lit..although very low could this be the problem?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Check the thermostat phial is in the correct position, if it is you really need a gas safe engineer to have a look at it for you

90% of the time this problem is the FSD,not all FSDs shut off the supply,most reduce it to a small bypass rate and when they fail it stays at the low rate.

You need a Gas safe Engineer with cooker qualifications.

Sponsored Links
I've already answered this on your previous same post !
I used to work for Aga and fixed Leisure cookers under warraenty as it was a sister company same parent company youve now been given the correct answer TWICE !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back