Gas heater

In my garage I have a Valor tropic trend gas heater, It is a complete waste of space as it heats nothing past 100mm in front of it.

What would be more economic to replace it with gas or electric?

Is your garage integral to the house, or detached?

Sponsored Links
Garages have lots of gaps and hense, draughts. They are also pretty poorly insulated (Generally speaking) My suggestion would be for a propane fired space heater.... Propane for the heat and electric fan to blow the heat around. Works very well in my garage and has the advantage of being able to be used in houses with no heating to keep the gas man nice and warm as he works.

The garage is built onto the side of the house with a door between the 2. I'm looking for something fairly shallow and wall mounted to save on space.

Gas wise the only one that will throw the heat out by having a fan on it is the robinson willey warmplan xx
But they cost around 600 quid

Sponsored Links
Don't think I'll be buying gas then. Would an electric heater need to have a fan to heat 24'x12' adequately?

Looks interesting but the descritpion claimed it requires 25% conentration in order to achieve corrosion protection. I think our system is between 75 and 100L so I'd need to buy up to 25litres which would cost £150!

I am reading that wrong?

Cheers,

iep

Yes, it is a bit steep.

This is a cheaper alternative, which should do your system for about £80. Still a lot cheaper than re-working your ch system.

Forgot the link! :oops:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...antifreeze&searchbutton.x=13&searchbutton.y=7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back