Gas Hon Installation (again)

BJC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did a search of the forum and it appears if the manufacturer allows it then a flxible hose can be used to connect the hob to the gas supply. I've had the gas pipe installed by a CORGI man and he has blanked it off the end (about 40 cm from the hob fitting). I was expecting to fit the flexible hose myself unless it's a no-no.

Q. What type of fittings will I need on the flexible pipe - hob appears to have a male 1/2" thread (probably metric). Hob manufacturer is Stoves.

Sponsored Links
I think you are wrong....forget searching the forum on this one, the british standard was updated last year and you are now required to fit it with rigid pipework. Many of the manufacturers instructions have not yet been updated and some show a flexible hose, but they do not say you should use them, instead they give warnings about how they should be used if at all, and usually refer to the british standard.
So bottom line is rigid pipework..... and if you have to ask the "what type of fittings" question, you are unlikely to be as competent as required for working with gas.

How are under work surface GAS ovens connected?

Do they usually allow flexible gas pipes?

Tony

Sponsored Links
with great difficulty Tony. I can't quote the BS word for word but if I remember correctly it says non portable appliances should be connected rigidly.
Because of the difficulty, combined with gwn, I don't (and imagine a few others don't) fit them. Let them find someone with questionable competence who is already working illegally and has no need to conform to the standard. Who wins? not safety, which it was supposed to improve.
Personally I'd have liked to see them specify a low surface temperature requirement for the side and rear of gas ovens and allow flexible connections. Then there's alsways Tracpipe....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back