Gas oven electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a replacement Stoves double oven fitted next week. Although it is a double gas oven, the grill is electric.
I took the trouble to ask the retailer what electrics were required and was told that the fitter would connect a 3 pin plug and fit it to an adjacent power point.
However when I contacted Stoves, I was told that it had to be fitted to a switched fused spur and fused 13A. The fused spur is OK to come off the kitchen ring.
I am confused as to what to do. Should I wire in a spur although unecessary to satisfy the manufacturer or just allow the fitted to plug in to a socket outlet.
I will obviously save money if I don't fit a spur but will I jeopardise the warranty.
Is it reasonable to assume that a gas fitter is both Corgi (Gas Safe) and has the necessary electrical certificates and if he had them wouldn't he insist on the spur.
I would like some guidance please. BTW the grill is only 1.8kW.

Sponsored Links
The appliance should also have an isolation point.
There are options:
Accessible socket outlet in nearby location.
Accessible socket outlet below worktop, connected to 13A switched fused connection unit above worktop.
Switched fused spur in accessible position.
Outlet plate in accessible location below worktop, connected to 13A switched fused connection unit above worktop.
Any of these would satisfy requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back