cooker hood and gas hob wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hi guys,

I’m currently installing a new kitchen, currently there is only an electric all in one cooker and oven. i will be separating them so there is an oven stand alone, and a gas hob. Now my issue is with the electrics, at the moment i know i need a wire feed for the spark on the gas hob and wiring for the cooker hood.

my question is can i take the electric supply from an existing double plug socket into a fused spur then have the wire run from the fused spur to the gas hob then anther wife from the same fused spur to the cooker hood? is it safe to take it from the plug socket?

Or can I do the same but take it from the oven isolator switch?

kind regrds,

Thanks in advance

Mustafa

Sponsored Links
Your description is not entirely clear.

Use the existing cooker point with the required fusing down or replace it with a double socket.

I would advise against using another wife.

Everyone makes mistakes but doing it twice is just silly.

so what i meant was, i have a exsisting double plug socket on the wall, i would like to extend a wire from plug socket to a fused spure and from that new fused spare connect to my gas hob and cooker hood,

is that better?

regards,

so what i meant was, i have a exsisting double plug socket on the wall, i would like to extend a wire from plug socket to a fused spure and from that new fused spare connect to my gas hob and cooker hood,

is that better?

regards,

Sponsored Links

is that better?

regards,

i have a existing double plug socket on the wall, i would like to extend a wire from plug socket to a fused spur and from that new fused spare connect to my gas hob and cooker hood,
If the socket is on the Ring or Radial circuit - yes.

However, if the socket is itself a spur - no.

it is on a Radial circuit, that’s brilliant thanks. Do i use the same cable used for the plug socket to connect the fused spur, then from the fused spur to downsize to a wire size appropriate for the cooker hood and gas hob?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back